How Do I Get My Record Expunged In Virginia?

Question: Judge, I’ve heard you talk about being able to expunge your record. I’m in need of the location in Suffolk, Virginia to get this done.

The Judge’s Answer: Go to the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office located at 150 North Main Street Suffolk, VA 23434. However, please note, that in Virginia, you can only get your criminal record expunged if you were acquitted, the case was “nolle prosequi” or otherwise dismissed, a person was arrested and used your name without consent, or you were received an absolute pardon.